Current as of September 29, 2010:
- General Session Agendas and Executive Board Annual Reports are available under the Program Information heading below.
- The exhibit space is now full and additional exhibitor registrations are no longer being accepted
- A list of conference vendors is now available.
- An html version of the Conference Registration form has been added. It will allow attendees to use Paypal to pay for registration fees.
- IMPORTANT: To get the conference rate of $79 at the Canad Inns you will need to call direct at 701-772-8404 and request the group rate for the North Dakota Library Association, group reservation number 170940. The block of rooms is only held until September 7th.
- Information on conference programs and presenters is now available under the Program Information heading below.
- PDF and RTF versions of the conference registration form have been added. The html version will be added later.
- A flyer for the first NDLA 3K Walk/Run has been added under the Conference Activities heading.
- Information on obtaining continuing education graduate credit through conference attendance has been added under the Program Information heading below.
- The preliminary conference schedule has been added.
- An html version of the Exhibitor Registration form has been added. It will allow exhibitors to use Paypal to pay for exhibit fees.
- The Instructor/Speaker Expense Form, Refund Request Form, Request for Personal Reimbursement Form, and Request for Third Party (Vendor) Payment Form have all been added below.
- The Program Proposal Form is now available under the Forms heading below. Fill it out online and click the "SEND FORM" button.
- PDF and RTF versions of the Exhibitor Registration Form are now available. The PDF version must be printed, filled out, and mailed. The RTF version can be downloaded and filled out using a word processing program before being printed and mailed.
- "Cataloging a President" presented by Krystal Thomas
- "Digital Citizenship for Elementary Students" presented by Patricia Hastings
- "If Not Facebook, What Then?" presented by Melinda Rustad and Jason Weekley from ActivityVine, LLC
- "If you build it, will they come?" presented by Karen Bjork
- "Social Networking for Libraries (and Librarians)" presented by Kristen Northrup
- "You Say Dog, I Say Canine: Designing a Thesaurus to Connect Your Users to Your Digital Content" presented by Aubrey Madler and Maren Niemeier
Are you starting a digital library project? Are you interested in taxonomies and folksonomies? Whether you re-digitizing historical photographs, creating subject guides or organizing your library's blog, building a thesaurus is an investment that will help your users find what they need. A well-designed thesaurus can drive browsing and searching, display cross-references, help populate metadata, and highlight popular content. Find out how to connect your digital content with the words your users prefer and how to bridge the taxonomy-folksonomy gap. Join us to learn some tips and tricks for creating a controlled vocabulary that will grow with your project.
Conference Attendees: You are strongly encouraged to support the exhibitors at your NDLA conference! It is because of their generous support that many programs at the annual conference are made possible. So bring your library's credit card (and your own, if you like) and come prepared to support our 2010 Exhibitors! Phyllis Bratton, Past President & Exhibits Chair
To date the following companies have registered to exhibit at the 2010 NDLA Conference:
AAA North Dakota
Advanced Workstations in Education (AWE)
BOOKBINS Shelving on Wheels
Chelsea House/Facts on File
Clear Image Solutions, LLC
Davidson Titles, Inc.
Energy & Environmental Research Center
League of Women Voters of ND
Mid-America Business Systems
North Dakota State Library
OCLC Online Computer Library Center
Prairie Public Broadcasting
Protection and Advocacy Project
Rough Rider Industries
Usborne Books and More
World Book Inc.
WT Cox Subscriptions
National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Greater Midwest Region (NN/LM GMR)
Lodging & Maps
Please make plans to join us!!
Conference Questions? Contact:
Rita Ennen, NDLA President Elect/Conference Chair
Dickinson State University Stoxen Library
166 S. College Ave.
Dickinson, ND 58601-4605
Previous Conference Web Pages